Full Time – Tampere Hybrid work
Makea Games is looking to appoint an experienced and highly talented art director to join our journey to revolutionize the UGC-space of console/PC gaming. As an AD, you’ll define and execute the artistic visuals of our projects, drive art creation processes and ensure the high quality standards in graphics are maintained.
We’re a game studio that works in a curious yet collaborative way – by creating tools to create games, then giving those tools to the players as well. Each of our title is a showcase of what you can do with the tools as well as being a fun game.
Our (unannounced) first title is close to being unveiled. We can already reveal it is on Unreal Engine 5 and it involves extreme sports. You’re gonna love it.
As a company, we are all about honest, open and collaborative spirit. Relaxed but driven is how we roll! We work mostly remotely with everyone having a high level of autonomy to decide when and how to work. For this position, a competitive option plan is available.
Some of our workplace benefits include choosing where you work from, choosing your own work hours and an equipment budget.
Makea Games gives you the tools to make games. Just bring your imagination.
- Building a positive, creative environment
- Owning the art direction in our projects
- Providing all-around art leadership
- Coordinating and supervising our art creation processes and providing feedback to artists
- Ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the art assets
- Communicating with external art providers
- Maintaining balance between art and game vision, and making sure our art-related solutions are technically feasible
- Actively participating in art recruiting
- Presenting art related visions and concepts to the team and to other stakeholders
- Manage efforts in art-related training and mentoring
- Delivering 3D and 2D assets where necessary to achieve art vision and direction
- Passion to develop games
- Has shipped PC/console games in an senior or lead art position
- Strong art creation skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to drive processes
- Comfortable with communicating in English
- Has worked as an art director
- An impressive art portfolio
- Experience in art outsourcing
- In-depth Unreal Engine 5 knowledge
Please mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with headline: